The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub | Review

Monday, September 9, 2013


The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub Review

The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub Review

I was contacted a couple of weeks ago, and received this body scrub to review. I don't have a Body Shop near me, so I've never had the chance to try one of their products, but I hear about it being raved all over the blogging community. Needless to say, I was super excited to try this out.

Coconut is one of my favorite scents (I used to be obsessed with Suave coconut shampoo and conditioner when I was younger. It was a staple in my shower), and this one is just strong enough that I smell it hours later. That is what I like in my body products, especially when the scent is so nice. Luckily it's not strong enough that it gets nauseating. Just leaving it on the counter with the lid off for a few minutes fills the bathroom with the scent of coconut.

It's not as abrasive as some other scrubs I've tried, so it isn't scratchy, and leaves my skin feeling super soft. It's like it's a body butter with exfoliating specs in it. A very nice combination, if you ask me. A little bit goes a long way, so this tub should last for quite a while. It washes off clean, and without fuss (I hate using scrubs where I have to scrub it off). I don't have to worry about fighting with the residue afterwards, or missing some. On the other hand, if you're not careful you run the risk of washing it off before you're ready.

Although this scrub is targeted at normal/dry skin (my skintype is normal aside from my face), but I think other skin types could try it out. Scrubs are one of those universal products, at least from my experience.

The Body Shop is cruelty free (yay!). For 6.8 Fl Oz (200ml) you can pick this up for $20 or £12.50 (it's on sale currently at the UK website for £8.75) You can buy it online at their website; USA & UK.


3 comments :

  1. I just got my BodyShop order today : )) Got myself Chocomania body lotion and shower gel... My lord .. I wanna eat them! : )) Gorgeous products, a bit pricey though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is expensive, but sometimes it's so worth it. From what I've seen I feel like The Body Shop is the kind of company to nail scents.

    ReplyDelete