If I lost all of my makeup

Wednesday, August 14, 2013


I’m still in Ft. Lauderdale. Actually, I’m in the Volkswagen/Audi learning center while my husband is taking a class. I soo do not belong here, but here I am, sitting at someone else’s desk whilst writing to you all about things these men would give me a funny look for. Aside from Spencer, of course. He understands (sort of). We leave today, yay! I miss my cat. I saw a stray outside of the learning center and yelled (well, said loudly in the car) “FRIEND!!”. Olivia withdrawals, it’s a real condition ;-) Enough blabber, that’s not why you’re here.

Makeup

Ah, the what if my makeup disappeared tag. I saw this tag bopping around a few years ago, and recently spotted it on The Small Things Blog. I decided to do something similar, but add a little twist to it. There are somethings in my makeup bag that I would definitely run out and buy, but there are also a few things I would do differently. So, what would happen if all my makeup decided to take a hike?

I would definitely put a Maybelline Color Whisper at the top of the list. Whether or not I would choose Pink Possibilities again, who knows. I may even choose to be a bit adventurous.

Mascara was the hard one to decide. Should I stick with Pixi, or try a different one? In the end I went with a known favorite. Ballsy, I know (obvious sarcasm?). Pixi Large Lash Mascara it is!

For eyeshadow I would stick with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink. It’s simple, wears amazing, and why fix what’s not even broken?

No contest, I would have my mom order Avon’s pencil eyeliner in Eggplant. I had this when I started makeup, and I will probably never stray away from it.

Another product that I had problems deciding is foundation. There are foundations I want to try, and normally I would tell myself to just go for it. Get that Clinique CC Cream you’ve been staring at since Kate from Ghostparties first mentioned it on her blog. But, I’ve been liking the L’Oreal Magic Nude Powder enough to buy it again even if I’ve only been using it for a few days. I really do plan on doing a review of this product. I have a lot to say about it.

For brushes I would buy the Real Techniques Shading Brush. It looks the same as the domed eyeshadow brush from their Travel Kit, so it should work the same. Plus the quality of these brushes are amazing. They really live up to the hype.

The next brush I would rebuy is the Real Techniques Lash-Brow Groomer.


Makeup

Now for what I would choose to buy rather than repurchase/mini wish list (looking these products up made me really want them, especially the concealer).

I’ve been wanting to try something from Drew Barrymore’s new line Flower. The only bad thing is that it’s only at Walmart, which I avoid like the plague. I browsed the line specifically for this post with a mission to choose one product that I would buy if my makeup up and poofed on me. Even though don’t really need it with the foundation I chose, I went with the Flower Power Up Loose Powder. I saw a review/first impression of it on It’s Judy Time on Youtube and it’s huge! It would definitely last a long time, and if I decide to get a bit adventurous *caugh* and buy the Clinique CC Cream *caugh* it would work well, I think. This coming from someone who has never tried any of her products before. Take that as you wish.

I opted to buy the shadow brush, and powder brush, from Real Techniques separate rather than go for the Travel Kit. I really want to try this huge brush. Real Techniques Powder Brush

Concealer was the biggest dicision out of this entire post. I would not repurchase anything I have currently. They don’t give me the coverage I need, especially under the eyes. After looking at review, and doing some thinking, I decided I would be comfortable going with the L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer. To be honest, I think I’m going to actuallly buy this, rather than waiting for the makeup apocalypse to hit.



What would you do if all of your makeup decided to abandon you? Other than balling your eyes out only to switch to utter confusion, of course.

2 comments :

  1. I love this :) I have never thought what i would want the most if i lost my makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy thing is, it could happen. Like if you were on a plane, and all of it were in a bag that the airline lost. Or, you know, the makeup apocalypse could actually become a thing.

    ReplyDelete