October Julep box and mini review!

Saturday, September 29, 2012








It seems like months since I've gotten a box. The last box I received ( June or July) I didn't show you guys because I was just *meh* about the whole program at the time. The girls and I over at tPF are kind of miffed at them. All that drama, and the massive amounts of colors that I already have, has made me not want a box for a while now.

What's inside:
  Julep cream polish in Eloise
  Julep crackle polish in Sabrina
  Julep Quick Dry Polish Drops
  Candy Corn! (I have been craving this lately)
  Julep glitter pots


This round I ordered two add-ons which are on their way to me as I speak. Those are Caroline, and Boris and Nicole - pictured below. I will post about them, and swatches when they arrive.








I am not sure what I am going to do with the glitter. In all honesty it's probably going to be chucked in a drawer. I can't think of a reason I would need glitter in the near future, but I'm sure someone who is into going all out for Halloween would be glad to have this handy.


The quick dry drops smell like lavender. I was really surprised at that. I actually couldn't pinpoint what color it was, then I looked at the ingredients and lavender was listed. I tried it on a swatch with Eloise and Sabrina and it left a weird ripple. I'm going to have to try it on my actual nails to see if that is permanent.



Sabrina crackles really well. I had to put on two coats because I misjudged the size of the nail (I usually do that), and above is the finished crackle. For me it's hit or miss with these things. Sometimes you can control it, other times you need a bit of luck. This time I think the crackle is formulated really well. Well done Julep! Eloise is beautiful! I do not have a blue this color, and it's actually darker in real life than it is in the picture.




Become a Julep Maven! Your first box will be an intro box but you can get access to the last two Maven boxes for $20. I believe if you use the code COLOR2012 you can get your first box (intro) for only a PENNY!!! Click here to join.


What do you think about crackle? Is it in or out? I personally have always liked this trend, even when I was a little girl. It adds a unique twist to a manicure, and no two nails look alike.




No comments :

Post a Comment