mark. matte chance | review

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Having oily skin, I am always on a hunt to find a daily face lotion that doesn't add to my problems. I was looking in the Mark catalog, and began to browse their skin care range. I was already on a hunt for a night lotion, mainly one without spf, and I figured on that claimed to "mattify the skin" would work.


First, I'm going to talk about the actual product.

"Pumpkin Seed, a natural mattifier; sugar cane, a source of alpha hydroxy acide; and silica, an oil absorber, play key roles in this light, oil-free moisturizer." - meetmark.com

The smell is really sweet. It's almost like a mixture of sugar with that typical lotion smell. It feels really light on the skin. As expected, there is no greasy feel to it, and yes, it does mattify the skin! There isn't a whole lot to say about it, other than it does what it says. The product is amazing.


My issue with this product, and honestly a deal breaker, is the horrible design. It you look at the picture above, you can see that that dot in the middle is where the product comes out of. Then in the picture below, you can see how it is dispensed to the top. There is no tube, and the only way for it to come out is if all the liquid is at the top. I find that even then, it still doesn't come out. I ended up taking off the top to get the product out.


Bottom Line
Will I buy again? No. The design of the container really bothered me, and seems like a waste of my $18, which is already a lot, even at 50mL or 1.7 fl oz.
It's not something that is so unique, that this is the only thing that works on my skin.
Great product, horrible design.



P.S. New blog design is up. What do you think?


No comments :

Post a Comment