Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Monday, July 9, 2012


There aren't many people who can argue the lasting power that this top coat has, or the lack of drying time. I have a love hate relationship with this top coat. While it does do the job remarkably well, there are elements that I wish it didn't have.

Pros
  • Long lasting - Seriously, the lasting power is amazing on this thing.  It's hard to chip this bad boy
  • Fills in ridges and imperfections - Even if I have a ripple in the polish do to my on carelessness,   this top coat will completely fill it in, and it will look flawless.
  • Glossy - Always has that "just applied" look to it.
  • Dries super fast - Within 60 seconds it's dry to the touch. After 5 or 10 minutes depending on the polish, it is completely dry.



Cons
  • The smell - The smell is horrible. It has to be something with the fast drying chemical. The smell is similar to paint thinner.
  • Gummy - It gets gummy half way into the bottle, a characteristic that I find in most of the fast drying top coats that I've tried. Really disappointing, and becomes really hard to apply after a while. This is my third bottle, and they are all like this.
  • Warning label - This is something that has stopped women who love this top coat from using it completely, and I am one of them. I keep this around just for the heck of it, but I don't use it. It is found on the back of the bottle.

"WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm"
That alone made me stop using it. I am no different than the people in California, and there is no way I am going to risk it over something as simple as a top coat.



Will I repurchase?
Maybe in the future, but I am content with my current method.



No comments :

Post a Comment