Dots and such

Friday, April 20, 2012


I really wanted to use this color combination, but I didn't really want to put them on different nails. I decided to play with dots. Like me, you don't need to go out and buy an expensive dotting tool, use what you have at home. I use dull pencils. This on is a Ticonderoga, you know one of those big ones? The smaller the pencil, the smaller the dot, BUT you can kind of control the size of the dot with the big one, as you can see with my pinky. Light taps is all it takes.

Here is how I did it:

  1. I put 3 coats of OPI What's With the Cattitude? on all my fingers
  2. Then I poured a glob of China Glaze Peachy Keen onto a piece of paper
  3. Take a pencil, and carefully started dotting
  4. Wait about 5 minutes for the dots to dry before adding a top coat so they don't smear.
I wanted the design to be different, so I took my time to figure out what I wanted to do. I tested a few on a nail wheel to double check thickness of the dots. This is what I came up with:




The pinky is so small, I didn't want a lot of dots, so I went with a subtle tip design.


That's my manicure for the weekend! Toodles =)

No comments :

Post a Comment