My new love

Monday, February 13, 2012

I posted a little while back about my adventure involving finding nail polish at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Well, while I was there (I went back another time to purchase Sparrow Me the Drama, I think that was the one) I would stare at this bag. I wanted it, but never really actually thought about buying it. I eventually saved up to buy another bag. The one I was looking at was a Vera Bradley. I have a pretty decent sized Vera collection that I accumulated throughout my later years in high school and a bit the first year in college. I just got sick of the patterns. I still use the ones I have, but I don't want to buy anymore. Personally, it speaks to my teenage years, which is not where I am anymore. I am 21, an adult, and I want my bags to not remind me of being a teenager (not that those years were bad). They look fine on other people, just personally I don't want to buy anymore for myself. Anyways, I was looking at a bag, this one to be exact:

Link
I liked it, I even looked at in person, but I didn't love it. Then Saturday night I dreamed of buying a new purse. Literally had a dream about buying a new purse. I woke up around 7 (we were headed to Disney that day), and I had a revelation! The purse at Disney. We arrived, and I went into that store on Mainstreet, which is quickly becoming my favorite, and I saw it, looked at it, and looked at the rest of the bags they had in there, and then I decided it will be mine. Side note, the nail polish isn't there anymore.

At the end of our trip I went back into that store, and bought it. I am so happy!!!! Good idea to wait until you're done to buy something like that. It's not ridiculously expensive, but more than the Vera one. I was afraid it would look tacky, as most Disney themes things do, but it really doesn't (in my opinion, at least). It's by Dooney & Bourke, and It's really pretty and it's mine. Here are some pictures of it and it's prettyness.



So pretty!!! This is the front. The bag has the following Disney/park themes on it: Dumbo, Minnie, Mickey, Chechire Cat, Tinker Bell, Goofy and Donald's hat, a crown, Minnie's box, Mickey ears (hat), the spinning tea cups (ride at the park), fire works, Cinderella's shoe, Mickey shaped ice cream, balloons, and Cinderella's castle.

 Back



 Inside. Not yet a mess.

 I love the buckle thing!

Ice cream <3


It retails to about $195, and so far it's worth it. It's made of leather and a plastic type material. The bottom is hard so there wont be any sagging. My only complaint is that there isn't anything preventing the bottom from betting dirty. I'll have to watch out for that. Yay my new purse =)

I have a review in the works, one of 2 in the series. Watch out for that either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Not sure which yet. Whenever I decide to post it. Till then, toodles!

No comments :

Post a Comment