Orly Androgynie

Sunday, January 1, 2012


Adrogynie is part of the 2011 Holiday Soreé collection that Orly released not too long ago.  I originally thought the black would be more clear than it was, but it really wasn't so bad. It took 2 coats to become opaque, and it didn't cover up the glitter and flakies that the previous coat had, which is niiice!

There are several different colored glitters in this mix. As with most glitters, it looks much nicer in natural sunlight, where the colors just shine through. The wear was iffy, this was taken after only a few hours worth of tip wear. This was also the second time I applied this color. The first time it only took about an hour for a nice sized chip to appear on my left thumb.



Removal: Not as bad as a normal glitter nail polish, but still a pain. I find that the flakies have a tendency to stay on my nail after the varnish is removed. I used a base coat, but apparently it wasn't enough. It didn't stay on for long, just a little bit of extra scrubbing with the cotton ball, and it came off eventually.




Overall, I would say it's a good buy. I haven't seen anything like this color, and it is very pretty to have. Just not great for long wear.

Hope you had a great new years. Toodles!

No comments :

Post a Comment